Communication is defined in the dictionary in several terms:
1. Exchange of information
2. Convey feelings or thoughts
3. Understand one another
We often have individual and different styles of communication and one of the biggest challenges people say is “I don’t understand him/her”. Also many people cannot bear any form of confrontation and would rather hide how they feel just to ‘keep the peace’ but it does not have to be that way. Oftentimes it is just different perspectives.
Communication is actually quite easy when it comes to CREATING GREAT LOVE if you keep in mind the following:
* Being present and listening to what your partner is saying is so very important
* Speaking your truth (this sometimes requires us to step outside our comfort zone to be bold and brave)
* Being open and not defensive to what they have to say
* Allowing your partner the space to express how they feel
* Having calm and peaceful discussions and clearing the air
* Honest, transparent questions and answers
Communicating in this way will create the space for a much deeper loving bond and I guarantee you will feel relief.
This week I encourage you to explore some of the different ways of communicating I have outlined above and see the difference it makes in your relationships.
My picture this week was sitting in the store window in Frankfurt, Germany…It’s what we all want…
“To Love someone deeply gives you strength.” – Lao Tzu